Sunday, September 7, 2008

LIzards and Snakes and Dogs Oh My!

Today I gave my bearded dragon lizard (Buddy) and my corn snake (Kashmir) a bath. But first I had to clean the sink. Mom told me to use the spic and span antibacterial spray. Then rince it out with water, dry it out with paper towels, and then we are good to go. Once I filled the sink full of warm water (because reptiles are cold blooded and like warm things) we were good to go. Next I went to get the MONSTER (Buddy) and when I put him in there he literally sat there like he was in his own personl bath tub. So we used dad's old toothbrush from the hospital and we used it to scrub the sand and poop off him and he loved it. I kept scrubing until he was ready to get out.

I had to do the same thing for Kashmir. I got it ready and put Kashmir in the sink. He blasted off like lighting! I let him slither around in there for a few and took him out and dryed him up.

Ppeaking of pets we are trying to get a new dog. We are looking into getting a greyhound. I don't know wich won we are geting but we will be getting one eventually. We are adopting from a greyhound rescue. These are the fastets dogs on the planet and they can go up to 45 miles per hour. Now thats fast! Mom and Dad want a brindle dog, but me, I dont care what color it is. It takes a lot of time and work to find the right dog.

6 comments:

Forrest Proper said...

I always wanted a pet snake, but never got one. Had dogs and cats, and later a hundred backyard ducks, but never a snake. Actually, a hundred backyard ducks sound a bit like having a snake, because I had to go out twice a day, even when it was freezing January and snowing and sleeting, and feed them and shovel a path to their duck houses.

Now we just have 2 cats and a horse. Maybe some chickens and goats next spring.

I've been told that greyhounds are very cool- affectionate, wonderful dogs. When I was growing up I had a dog that was part greyhound, and she was wonderful, though a little timid around new people.

I like your blog and wish you much luck with your new dog!!! Keep up the good writing.

Malach the Merciless said...

Used to own a couple of Iguanas myself, liked the bath they did.

Jane Hake said...

I did not know that lizards and snakes took baths! Fascinating!

Vicki said...

We had four greyhounds when I was growing up. Actually, they raced, but I loved them. They never realized what size they were and thought sitting in your lap was a good thing. :)

I didn't know you gave lizards and snakes baths either.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a lover of pets myself. When I was in school I owned a preying mantis once and a snail at another time.

I would use the magnifying glass from my Biology instrument box to watch the features of my two pets. The mantis was specially fascinating because it had large eyes on the top of its head and mandibles, which moved visibly when it ate.
I had made a small bed of mud and planted grass in it for the snail to crawl in. The little creature was a beauty!

I read that you have a pet snake by the name of 'Kashmir'. That's nice :-)! Kashmir is one of the states of India, the country from which I come. If you look in a map, you will find the state of Kashmir situated on the northern tip of my country. I was going to ask you, how you decided to call your snake 'Kashmir'.

Bill Clark said...

I think you should put an ad in the paper or on the local community bulletin boards and start an animal bathing business. You could charge $5 for small animals (ones that fit in the sink) and $10 for larger ones (ones that need the tub).

Actually, forget the ad in the paper. Get them to write a story about your new business instead. I'll bet you'll have more clients than you can handle, and you'll have to hire your mom and step-dad as employees. Won't it be fun to boss them around? :)